Alma Mater Europaea – European Center Maribor
Alma Mater Europaea – European Center Maribor (AMEU ECM), or Campus Maribor, was established in 2007 as an independent Higher Education Institution under the name of European Center, Maribor. The first programmes were offered in 2009 in Murska Sobota. In 2010, European Center Maribor received the academic and institutional patronage of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts Salzburg and was included in the Alma Mater Europaea of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts University Network.
Campus Maribor currently offers 14 accredited study programmes at all three Bologna levels. It has the following faculties/institutes:
- Health Sciences
- Physiotherapy (1st Bologna cycle)
- Nursing (1st Bologna cycle)
- Health Sciences (2nd Bologna cycle – Master; with 4 different modules: Physiotherapy, Nursing, Public Health and Integrative Health Sciences)
- Social Gerontology (1st, 2nd and 3rd Bologna cycle)
- Faculty of Business studies
- Management (1st Bologna cycle)
- Management (2nd Bologna cycle)
- European Business Studies (2nd Bologna cycle) with emphasis on European Project Management – offered in English
- Project Management (PhD) – in preparation
- Archive studies and records Management
- Master programme (3rd generation enrolled at present)
- Bachelor programme: in preparation
- Institutum Studiorum Humanitatis – Postgraduate shool of Humanities
- Master (interdisciplinary, offered partly in English)
- PhD (interdisciplinary, offered in English)
- Bachelor: waiting for accreditation
- NEW: Strategic Communication Management (PhD)
- 1st enrolment expected in October 2016
- Environmental studies
- Master – interdisciplinary, 1st generation started in 2015/2016
Maribor (Headoffice and the main Campus for undergraduate studies)
Ljubljana – main campus for Post-graduate studies
Murska Sobota – main campus for Nursing & Health Sciences
Zagreb (Croatia) – consultation center for European Business Studies – Project management programme
In 2015/2016, AMEU ECM enroled the 7th generation of students. There are now over 1,000 students studying in Slovenia. Until now, we have also graduated over 250 students at all three Bologna cycles.
AMEU ECM is the organisor of the annual International Scientific Conference ALL ABOUT PEOPLE that takes place in the 2nd week of March in Maribor. The 2016 conference saw over 200 papers, more than 250 delegates and over 500 participating students.
AMEU ECM is also the co-organisor of the International scientific conference Science and technology, DIT dr. Juraj Plenković, that has seen 21 editions so far. It is from 2015 onwards held every two years in the Croatian coastal town of Opatija. The next edition expected in the last week of June 2017.
AMEU ECM has a valid Erasmus+ charter and has in the last 4 years successfully placed students through the AMEU ECM partnership network (studies and internship). We are looking forward to expanding the network with universities and other HEI with similar orientation.